- Acquires electronic resources in all formats using sound business practices.
- Provides support for Collection Development through knowledge of existing and forthcoming resources.
- Negotiates licenses for the maximum benefit of USF.
- Implements resources in a timely manner.
- Manages and supports electronic resources to ensure continuous access.
- Aids in the discovery of electronic resources through our discovery tool, FindIt! (EDS), cataloging in the library management system and record creation in the A-Z list.
- Evaluates electronic resources to gauge use, trends, and value to the USF community.
About the Electronic Collections
Snapshot of licensed resources, or those restricted to USF faculty, students, and staff:
- Number of Databases: 927**
- Number of E-Books: 648,751
- Number of E-Journals: 58,975
- Number of Images: 826,000
**Includes online reference resources in count.
Supporting the academic, research, artistic, and the life-long learning needs of the University of South Florida, the E-Resources Collection funded by the USF Libraries is comprised of licensed and open access resources. Resources include:
- Selected open access web sites
- Reference resources such as encyclopedias, dictionaries
- Streaming Media
|Monica||Metz-Wiseman||(813) 974-9854||Director of Academic Resources||monica|
|Cheryl||McCoy||(813) 974-3530||Associate Director of Academic Resources||cmccoy|
|Laura||Pascual||(813) 974-2483||Electronic Resources Librarian||lcpascua|
Information for Vendors
The University of South Florida (USF) has locations in Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota (joint-use facility, New College of Florida. The University of South Florida, along with the University of Houston, has a unique organizational structure in the U.S., with three regional campuses, one joint-use facility at Sarasota with New College of Florida and a Health Science Library, under one president, one provost. The vast majority of vendors/publishers treat the University as one site. The University has one network on which authentication is based.
FTE NUMBER: Total Gross FTE: 32,903 (2015-16, latest data)
Includes: 32,185 (Total Gross FTE, USF) + 718 (FTE, New College of Florida–latest NCF Fact Book, 2015-2016).
- Use USF InfoCenter to access current FTE data.
- Click on Student FTE on left hand side of page.
- Drop Boxes should be set to read as follows:
- Student FTE
- State/USF Methodology
- (Latest) Academic Year
- Total University
- All Divisions
- Click on Generate Report
- FTE for New College of Florida is recorded from: http://www.flbog.edu/resources/iud/
For questions, see Monica Metz-Wiseman.
USF MASTERLIST OF IP ADDRESSES:
Current as of 9/9/16:
22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199
188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206
220.127.116.11 – 18.104.22.168
22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199
188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206
220.127.116.11 – 18.104.22.168
22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199
188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206
220.127.116.11 – 18.104.22.168
22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199
188.8.131.52 – 184.108.40.206
220.127.116.11 – 18.104.22.168
Or, the truncated version:
- Eliminates wireless guests on the network, extends USF St. Pete range within faculty offices, removes more of Moffitt and the Hope Lodge, removes Aramark.
- Includes return of IP addresses formerly assigned to Moffitt. 22.214.171.124-255 was originally assigned to Moffitt.
- Blocks the Poynter Institute now on 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
Any questions, contact Monica Metz-Wiseman.
USF DOMAIN, EZPROXY AND SFX FUNCTIONALITY INFORMATION
USF Domain. EZProxy Domain & IP SFX Server Address & SFX Graphic
USF Domain: www.lib.usf.edu
EZproxy Server Domain: ezproxy.lib.usf.edu
EZproxy Server for USF Health:
SFX Server Address: sfx.fcla.edu/usf
SFX Graphic: sfx.fcla.edu/usf-templates/gifs/citation/sfx_submit.gif
Online Catalog: ALEPH
Course Management System: Canvas
Link Resolver: SFX
Database Portal: MetaLib
University of South Florida is supported by the Florida Library Virtual Campus (FLVC). FLVC serves the twelve publicly funded colleges and universities of Florida, each of which is a separate budget entity. USF is also a member of Lyrasis, Center for Research Libraries, and ASERL and obtain resources through these consortia.
SCOPE OF ACCESS
With few exceptions, licensed resources are available to all USF Faculty, staff, and students at all campus locations, as well as off-campus locations.
The USF Libraries in concert with FLVC support the Guidelines for Statistical Measures of Usage of Web-based Information Resources, December 2001. With an active program dedicated to use statistics, the University of South Florida requests that vendors collect, format, and issue usage statistics according to these guidelines.
At this time, IP authentication is the preferred method of authentication. Given the size of the University we cannot use user names and passwords as forms of authentication.
IP authentication is the preferred method of conducting trial access to products. Access to trials is posted to MetaLib. Please contact Monica Metz-Wiseman with trial access information: email@example.com (813) 974-9854
CAMPUS LOCATIONS AND ADDRESSES
University of South Florida, Tampa
4202 E. Fowler Ave.
Tampa, FL 33620
University of South Florida, St. Petersburg
140 Seventh Ave. S.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
University of South Florida, Sarasota & New College of Florida
8350 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34243