September 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day; take 5 to save lives.
- For more information about some of the USF Libraries resources available for suicide prevention, visit our subject guide.
- Information about the 39th Annual National Suicide Prevention Week is available through the American Association of Suicidology’s website.
- Join the National Suicide Prevention Week 2013 Facebook page.
- Additional resources can be found at SAMHSA.
Select publications on the topic of suicide & suicide prevention available through the USF Libraries include:
- Crisis counseling, intervention and prevention in the schools (2013): e-book
- Preventing college student suicide: New directions for student services (2013): e-book
- A special scar: The experiences of people bereaved by suicide (2013): e-book
- When the warrior returns: Making the transition at home (2012): e-book
- Counselling suicidal clients (2010): e-book
- Now I lay me down: suicide in the elderly (1994): USF Tampa Library, HV6545.2.N68 1993
- Annual report – National Office for suicide prevention: reports, 2005-2013
- Archives of suicide research: e-journal
- Crisis: e-journal
- Suicide and life-threatening behavior: e-journal
Community resources include:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay: 2-1-1
Image courtesy of American Association of Suicidology.