Library Services for Alumni & Visitors
USF Alumni and community visitors are welcome at the Tampa Library and may use most resources and services free of charge while onsite. The Learning Commons offers computer workstations, scanners and printers for public use. In addition, the Tampa Library is a designated Government Document repository. Information regarding other services are listed below:
- Copy Services: InterLibrary Loan provides community requestors with photocopies of materials. Our trained staff can scan or photocopy materials from the USF Tampa Library physical collections. Materials can be emailed, mailed or faxed. Service charges begin at $5.00 per article. Please contact ILL for more information »
- Library Programming & Events: The USF Tampa Library produces a wide range of programming, from the Florida Conversations lecture series (held at the Tampa Bay History Center), to lectures and teacher workshops on topics related to our Holocaust and Genocide Studies Initiative. Most programming takes place in the USF Tampa Library’s Grace Allen Room, on the 4th floor, with occasional programs at partner institutions in the Bay Area. For more information, contact the Office of Library Development at (813) 974-1654.
- Need help? Ask a Librarian: Reference services are available via the Library Services desk, telephone, email, and online chat. Click here for more information »
- Newsletters and Mailings: Interested community members are invited to sign up for our email newsletter “Your Library in Action,” like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter to stay informed of library news and upcoming events. More information is available from the Office of Development at (813) 974-1654.
- Special Borrower’s Card: Special Borrower’s Cards allow non-affiliated individuals to check out Library resources for a nominal fee. Call Library Services for more information at (813) 974-1611 or start the process here »
- Special Collections: The Tampa Library’s Special Collections offer visitors the opportunity to research unique and rare historic materials. For hours and research assistance, call (813) 974-2731 or click here for more information »