Library 3rd Floor Closing
Please note: Because 3rd floor of the Tampa Library building will be completely closed to all patrons from July 9th through August 24th to install a sprinkler system, Shelf Service must be used to retrieve all books located on the 3rd floor. Books on the 3rd floor have library call numbers starting with “A” through the letter “K”. These subject areas include: Anthropology, Business, Criminology, Economics, Geography, History (U.S. & non-U.S.), Labor studies, Law, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Public Administration Recreation/Leisure, Religion, Sociology/Social Welfare, and Women’s Studies.
By using our Shelf Service, you can request items from our Circulating Collection to be retrieved and held for you at the USF Tampa Library Services desk. (You may also request that items from the Florida Mental Health Institute Library Collection be held for you at their Service desk).
- Books will be retrieved within 6 hours of request.
- Requests are limited to circulating books and media
- You will be notified when the item is ready for pick-up or if item is not available.
- If you are USF Faculty, you may submit requests for circulating items through our PRONTO service to have them delivered to your campus mailbox.
- Walk-up requests will be taken at the Library Services Desk.
- Items will be held for seven days, then re-shelved.