By using our retrieval requests, formerly known as Shelf Service, you can request items from our Circulating Collection to be retrieved and held for you at the USF Tampa Library Services desk. (You may also request that items from the Florida Mental Health Institute Library Collection be held for you at their Service desk).
- Requests are limited to circulating books and media.
- Requests for items at the USF St Petersburg or USF Sarasota Libraries should be placed through InterLibrary Loan.
- You can request books and articles from outside of USF through InterLibrary Loan as well.
- You will be notified when the item is ready for pick-up or if item is not available.
- If you are USF Faculty, you may submit requests for circulating items through our PRONTO service to have them delivered to your campus mailbox.
Because 4th floor of the Tampa Library building will be completely closed to all patrons from May 1st through June 30th to install a sprinkler system, retrieval requests must be used to retrieve all books located on the 4th floor. Books on the 4th floor have library call numbers starting with “L” through the letter “N”. Subjects that fall within these call numbers are as follows:
- Visual Arts
- Children’s Books