By using our retrieval requests, formerly known as Shelf Service, you can request items from our Circulating, Media, and Closed Compact Shelving Collections to be retrieved and held for you at the USF Tampa Library Services desk. (You may also request that items from the Florida Mental Health Institute Library Collection be held for you at their Service desk).
- Requests are limited to the Circulating, Closed Compact Shelving, and Media Collections.
- Five requests per day. Items will be held for 7 days, then re-shelved.
- Please allow up to 24 hours or one business day for items to be available for pick-up.
- Requests for items at the USF St Petersburg or USF Sarasota Libraries should be placed through InterLibrary Loan.
- You can request books and articles from outside of USF through InterLibrary Loan as well.
- You will be notified when the item is ready for pick-up or if item is not available.
- If you are USF Faculty, you may submit requests for circulating items through our PRONTO service to have them delivered to your campus mailbox.