PRESTO Course Reserves
PRESTO Course Reserves will move to Canvas on August 12th for Fall 2013. After August 12th, courses in Blackboard will no longer connect to PRESTO Course Reserves.
If you are moving to Canvas for your Fall 2013 courses, you don’t need to do anything differently.
If you are moving to Canvas for Summer 2013 or Spring 2014 courses, contact the Reserves Team. We will make sure you and your students have access to your materials.
All course reserves (books, media, and online, library and personal copies) are available through our new online system PRESTO. View Reserve Guidelines »
- Accessible from your Blackboard course module located under “Tools”
- Can be used to request books, media, or online reserves
- Library PRESTO support includes locating and scanning items you request
- PRESTO can replace course packets to save your students money
- Adherence to copyright will be assured through careful review by library staff
PRESTO puts instructor requesting and student access for reserves all in one place. Students view only those requested items that are available for a semester, while instructors can request new items and check the status of all their requests.
Are you teaching in Canvas is summer? If so, please contact the reserves team and we will help you set up your reserves.
Are you teaching in Blackboard in summer? Follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your course in Blackboard »
- Select “Tools” from the main Blackboard menu
- Select “Course Reserves”
- Click on the “sign up here” to receive email confirmation that your items is being processed
Select “Add Reserve Items”
- Select type of reserve item
- Fill out form and submit
Your course item information will be sent to a library reserve team member for processing. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com or by calling 813-974-4182.
Please note: Streaming or online media cannot be placed on reserve through this system. For more information about linking streaming video to your Blackboard course please contact Rue Mckenzie at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 813-974-6342.