The Library Research Assistant (LRA) program is here to assist students in achieving access to the expanse of resources and online materials that they may need. We serve as the connection link between an undergraduate and a librarian.
We are able to assist fellow students with starting their research, basic usage of databases, and familiarity with the library resources. We also provide outreach services to meet students where they are and assist them in jump starting their research.
Like us on Facebook.
Want to schedule a one-on-one appointment for research help? Fill out the form below.
What is a “library research assistant”?
LRAs are students (just like you) who have been trained by research librarians to answer questions, such as:
- How do I find scholarly sources for my paper?
- What’s a “library database” and how do I search it?
- How do I search the library’s catalog for books?
- What is MLA (or APA) style? How do I make a basic citation?
- I have the call number for a book, but I can’t find it. HELP!
How do I connect with a Library Research Assistant ?
- Library Research Assistants are available at the Library Services Desk and by appointment via email or online form.
- Follow us and the USF Library on Facebook.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org »
Will the LRA be able to answer all of my questions?
We can help you kickstart your research and find some great library resources. However, if you have in-depth questions and require more extensive library help, please contact a librarian online or in person »
Come visit at the front desk of the library!
- Monday-Thursday: 10am – 8pm
- Friday: 10am – 4pm
- Sunday: 1pm – 7pm