Tutors are responsible for assisting students’ academic success in selected coursework. Tutors must possess and demonstrate academic achievement in their selected courses. Duties include individual and/or group study sessions, attendance at scheduled tutor training sessions, and assisting other staff when requested.
- USF undergraduate or graduate student
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in the subject areas to be tutored
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and subject knowledge required
- Firm desire to help other students succeed
- Clear Articulation in English
- At least a 2nd Year Student
Hours per Week
Tutors work from 10 to 20 hours per week depending on availability.
$9 – $10 per hour depending on experience
How to apply
- Go to Careers@USF, search for the student-tutor position for our department and complete job application.
- You will need to attach a cover letter, resume and copy of unofficial transcripts to your Careers@USF application
- In your cover letter make sure to include a list of all the courses you may be qualified to tutor