Before using SMARTHINKING, be sure to make every effort to utilize the Tutoring and Writing services in the USF Tampa Library Learning Commons if possible. Sessions are NOT available on an unlimited basis for all students; USF has a limited contract and each service “costs” a predetermined number of minutes.
- Submit a Question – metered at 27 minutes per question; available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Submit Your Writing – metered at 42 minutes per essay; available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Live Tutor Help – metered by the minute + 5; available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
How to Use SMARTHINKING
- Click here to log in or
- Or view the following demonstrations on how to use SMARTHINKING so that you can maximize the use of time in the system.
Can I Add Minutes to my SMARTHINKING Account?
Yes! Your Smarthinking account is connected to your MyUSF access. Therefore in order to receive additional time with Smarthinking, we need to work with you individually to determine the right approach for your situation. Here are your options:
Call the Academic Success Center (813-974-2713) for extra tutoring minutes or the Writing Studio (813-974-8293) and ask the desk staff to be connected with an administrator who can help you add minutes.
Or stop by the Academic Success Center (LIB 206) or Writing Studio (LIB 125) in the USF Tampa library and ask to speak with an administrator about adding to your Smarthinking account.
Whichever way you choose, please include the reason for your request in your reply.
Online Software Help
A library of thousands of short, easy-to-understand, “atoms” of software tutorials and technology skill training in movie format designed to help you learn to use many different programs.
- To log in to Atomic Learning, Click Here
- Or go to MyUSF > Learning Tools > Software Tutorials
These online training resources are:
- Available 24/7
- Open to ALL USF students, staff, and faculty on ALL campuses
- Answers to many of the “how do I do that” questions
- Expansive and include many programs, such as Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, and many more
- Easy to access – just log into MyUSF with your USF NetID and go to Learning Tools
- Easy to search using keywords, specific applications, versions, and/or platforms
- Easy to share – Faculty can share direct links in Blackboard to support necessary software or technical skills
Sharing a tutorial generates a link to one specific tutorial, that you can share through email, blackboard, or any social networking tool. To view the tutorial, you still need to login with your NetID and password, but once you have logged in, Atomic Learning will take you directly to the intended video. To learn how to share a tutorial, watch this tutorial »
Generate Direct Linking HTML
Direct Linking HTML allows you to share multiple links at once. You can share these through email, blackboard, or a website by using the generated HTML code, or copying and pasting the sample. In order to view the tutorial, you need to login using your NetID and password. To learn how to generate direct linking HTML, watch this tutorial »