By Emilia Kalogiannis
This week, April 3 through April 9, is nationally recognized as Undergraduate Research Week!
On November 16, 2010, the U.S. House of Representatives declared the week of April 11, 2011, as “Undergraduate Research Week.” Since then, each year the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) has designated a week in April as “Undergraduate Research Week.”
USF is one of the leading research universities in Florida, so grab your research and join the fun!
Participate in the Council on Undergraduate Research’s Hashtag-a-thon using #URW2017
Don’t be shy.. Here are some ideas on what you can post:
- The thing I value most about UR is … #URW2017
- Thanks to my UR advisor Dr. X for teaching me…#URW2017
- Congratulations to my students X, Y, and Z who presented at ABC conference this year! #URW2017
- I presented my research at the USF Undergraduate Research Colloquium this year! #URW2017
- My research was published in X journal this year! #URW2017
- Congratulations to my student, X, who will be attending graduate school at Y institution next year. #URW2017
- Thank you to the University of South Florida for giving me an opportunity to do undergraduate research #URW2017
More information on Undergraduate Research Week and the Council on Undergraduate Research can be found here.
To further celebrate this week, don’t forget to attend the Undergraduate Research and Arts Colloquium from 9:00 AM – 8:30 PM on April 6th in the MSC!
Happy Undergraduate Research Week & as always, go Bulls!