The statewide catalog system is being upgraded this month.
The State University Libraries are making some changes to the library system to improve collaboration and efficiency. Though most of the changes are “behind the scenes,” we are asking for your cooperation and patience during the transition:
- If you have items due soon, please RENEW or RETURN them before June 22.
- NO UBORROW REQUESTS will be accepted June 15 – June 28.
- The UBorrow button will not appear during that time.
- NO RENEWALS OR HOLD REQUESTS will be accepted June 22 – June 28.
- Any items that would be due during this time will now be due July 2 (we would prefer that you return them before June 22).
- Item availability information in the catalog will also be unavailable between June 22 – 28.
Why is this still good news for library users?
- Your university library becomes more efficient.
- This upgrade will increase collaboration among the Florida University System’s Libraries. Essentially all of the catalogs become one big catalog. You may not notice because this is all behind the scenes.
- Cataloging and indexing materials becomes more efficient statewide saving dollars for use in other areas.
- Some work will not need to be repeated at each university, saving time and resources.
Interlibrary Loan, electronic resources, database access, and most other services will not be affected. You can still borrow items.
This project has been working behind the scenes since January 2012. The only time that involves users is between June 22 – 28.
(Thank you to the FSU Libraries for their so efficient wording of the changes to come )