LOG IN FOR FULL ACCESS.

MYUSF | HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARY | RENEW ONLINE | USF HOME

USF Writing Studio

Working a Writing Center Front Desk: A Personal Perspective

Monday, February 27th, 2017 | Posted in Uncategorized by dmfarrar | No Comments »

Jakob Bloc PicBy Jakob Hartung, USF Academic Success Center Ambassador

The Writing Studio is not just another paycheck for its employees but rather a great environment with the opportunity to help students in need. Throughout my personal workday, I find that being a successful student at the university is all about troubleshooting. Much like a programmer works through their code making adjustments, a desk staff employee (what we call Academic Success Center Ambassadors) like myself, has to work through a student’s schedule, conflicts in class, and make sure they are not turned away without help in order to “troubleshoot” their unique academic or professional obstacle they wish to overcome.

I have to constantly make sure I am offering every service that not only the Writing Studio has but anywhere on campus that can assist a student to achieve the academic standing they desire. The Writing Studio is a welcoming home filled with many dedicated consultants and great employees to help you find your way. I love that the Studio does not restrict any USF student from trying to access our services. At any moment, you can find engineering grad students to First-Year Composition students working toward improving either their assignments to “ace” the class or a résumé to “get the job.” For me, the Studio has allowed me to help and meet many new faces and hear various unique stories, and, for this, I cannot wait to continue to be a part of the ASC Ambassador team. I encourage all students to give us a try because I know all the immense help that we can deliver to each individual student and hopefully reduce a lot of unnecessary stress.

Hope to see you soon!