LOG IN FOR FULL ACCESS.

MYUSF | HEALTH SCIENCES LIBRARY | RENEW ONLINE | USF HOME

USF Writing Studio

USF’s Academic Success Center: A Personal Perspective

Friday, March 24th, 2017 | Posted in Uncategorized by dmfarrar | No Comments »

Rachel Blog Pic

By Rachel Stacy, USF Academic Success Center Ambassador

I greatly appreciate having the opportunity to work as a member of the front desk staff at the University of South Florida Academic Success Center. Had it not been for this position, I would not have known about the excellent resources that our school provides to help us with our coursework. We have a SMART Lab, tutoring center, and Writing Studio on the Second Floor of the Library. Specifically, the Writing Studio is a very unique and helpful addition to the Academic Success Center at USF. Here, students can book appointments to work one-on-one with writing consultants, who are qualified graduate students. They can receive help in a wide variety of subjects, such as First-Year Composition, résumés, cover letters, brainstorming, APA and MLA formats, personal statements, and more. The consultants work very hard to make sure they a providing the students with skills to help them with writing in the future as opposed to simply reworking their paper for them. Having the opportunity to work at the front desk, I see many students come to the Writing Studio with many different problems. I love to see the look of relief and thankfulness on a student’s face when I let them know that we can help them, and I am able to book an appointment for them. The Studio is a very useful resource that not a lot of students know about, so whenever someone discovers us and can leave and tell their friends about us, I feel like we’ve done a really awesome job here.