Make an Appointment
All students, faculty, and active staff may schedule writing center appointments. Writers may only schedule two appointments per week and may not schedule two appointments back to back. Please schedule appointments in advance to ensure a convenient appointment time.
To Make an Appointment:
- In person: Stop by the Writing Center Reception Desk in LIB125 (first floor do the library).
- Over the phone: (813) 974-8293.
- Online: You can make an appointment online, click here. <https://webauth.usf.edu/AuthTransferService/accudemia>
- Appointments are held until ten past the hour; after this time, the session will be given away to students on the waiting list.
- If you are unable to come to your scheduled session, please cancel as far in advance as possible, preferably at least 24 hours.
- Please be aware that cancelled appointments count towards the two appointments per week allowance.
- Cancellation policy: In order to ensure that available appointment times are utilized, students that cancel or miss three appointments will lose their writing center privileges for the rest fo the semester. Thanks for your cooperation!
Synchronous online writing center consultations are only available to USF study abroad students, faculty, and staff and writers that live more than 2 hours away from campus. Otherwise, all writing center consultations are conducted face to face. SmartThinking offers online consultations for students who are unable to come to campus to meet with a consultant.