Schedule an Appointment
Conditions and policies for appointments
All active USF students, faculty, and staff may schedule writing center appointments. Because the schedule fills up quickly, please schedule appointments in advance to secure your preferred time. Additionally, please note the following:
- Writers may only schedule two appointments per week.
- Writers may not schedule two back-to-back appointments.
- Appointments are held until ten past the hour; after this time, the session will be given away.
If you are unable to come to your scheduled session:
- Please CALL or visit us to cancel, preferably at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments cannot be canceled online.
- Please be aware that canceled appointments count towards the two appointments per week allowance.
- Students that cancel or miss three appointments will lose their writing center privileges for the rest of the semester.
Stop by the Writing Center Reception Desk in LIB125 (past the Circulation desk) during regularly scheduled Writing Center hours.
Scheduling over the phone
Call the Writing Center Reception Desk at (813) 974-8293.
Scheduling through Accudemia
- Log-in to Accudemia using your normal NetID and password: https://webauth.usf.edu/AuthTransferService/accudemia
- On the left, under “Center Attendance,” hover over “Appointments”
- Select “New by date”
- Follow the instructions for scheduling your appointment.
If you are unable to visit the Tampa campus library for a face-to-face appointment at the Writing Center and you are interested in working online with a writing consultant, please know that you must:
- Be a USF study-abroad student, faculty/ staff
- Have proficiency in Google + Hangout or Google Docs
If you meet the criteria above, please e-mail or call the Writing Center to speak directly with a Coordinator to request an appointment.
If you do not meet the criteria above, please note that SMARTHINKING, a writing consulting service contracted by USF, offers online consultations that are free to all currently enrolled USF students and faculty/staff.