Schedule an Appointment
All active USF students, faculty, and staff may schedule writing studio appointments. Because the schedule fills up quickly, please schedule appointments in advance to secure your preferred time. Additionally, please note the following:
- Writers may only schedule two appointments per week.
- Writers may not schedule two back-to-back appointments.
- Appointments are held until ten past the hour; after this time, the session will be given away.
If you are unable to come to your scheduled session:
- Please CALL or visit us to cancel, preferably at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments cannot be canceled online.
- Please be aware that canceled appointments count towards the two appointments per week allowance.
- Students that cancel or miss three appointments will lose their writing studio privileges for the rest of the semester.
Stop in the Writing Studio, located on the second floor of the USF library, during regularly scheduled Writing Studio hours.
Schedule over the phone
Call the Writing Studio Reception Desk at 813.974.8293.
Schedule through Accudemia
- Log-in to Accudemia using your normal NetID and password: https://webauth.usf.edu/AuthTransferService/accudemia
- On the left, under “Center Attendance,” hover over “Appointments”
- Select “New by date”
- Follow the instructions for scheduling your appointment.
To schedule an online consultation, please know that you must:
- Be a USF study-abroad student, faculty/staff. Tampa campus students can reasonably be expected to attend in-person consultations at the Writing Studio
- Possess a valid Google+ profile and demonstrate proficiency in Google+. Google+ is accessible to all USF students through their USF email accounts.
- Have reliable access to the internet in a quiet atmosphere conducive to online chatting.
If you meet the criteria above, please call the Writing Studio to request an appointment. A confirmation email with further instructions will be sent to your USF gmail account. Please read this email thoroughly in order to be fully prepared for your session.
If you do not meet the criteria above, please note that SMARTHINKING, a writing consulting service contracted by USF, offers online consultations that are free to all currently enrolled USF students and faculty/staff.