How to Check Out Equipment:
Check items out at the DMC Desk on the first floor.
Patrons must present a valid USF ID to checkout equipment and equipment must be returned within 72 hours. Some guidelines:
- Equipment is checked-out on a first-come-first-served basis.
- If patrons are not active USF students for the current semester, they must present their OASIS class registration for the upcoming semester.
- The equipment loan period is 3 days, and is due back 15 minutes before the DMC closes on that day.
- There is a late fee of $5 per hour, per item, if patrons do not return equipment on time.
- There will be no checkouts in the 15 minute period before the DMC closes.
- Patrons may only check out one type of device at a time (one Canon T5i, one Zoom Audio Recorder, etc).
- No renewals are allowed; there is a 24 hour waiting period for an additional request for the same item type.
- All equipment and its components must be present at return, otherwise they will not be checked back in.
- If an item is returned and there is a component of the bag missing, damaged, lost, or stolen, the patron will be held responsible for the costs of the equipment.
- Students, faculty, and staff are responsible for the equipment they check out. All equipment is inspected by library staff prior to check-out to ensure that it is in good operational condition.
- The library will determine the replacement, repair, and processing charges should the equipment be lost, stolen or damaged, to be applied to the student’s account.
- Overdue items will be considered lost; replacement and processing charges may be applied to the student’s account. This may result in denial of library borrowing privileges, including future checkouts of DMC equipment.
Photo / Video
Sony FDR-AX100 4K Ultra HD Camcorder
Loan includes camcorder, 64GB SD memory card, shoe adapter, USB transfer cable and charging cable.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Digital Camera
Loan includes camera, 16GB SD memory card, USB transfer cable and battery charger.
GoPro Hero 4 Silver Camera
Loan includes GoPro, 32GB microSD memory card, waterproof housing and USB transfer/charging cable.
NOTE: Standard GoPro Hero, Hero 3+ Black, and Hero 6 camera also available for checkout.
Ricoh Theta S Spherical VR Digital Camera
Loan includes Ricoh Theta 360 digital camera, USB transfer cable
and hard case.
Zoom H1 Handy Portable Audio Recorder
Loan includes recorder, soft case, lavalier mic, mini tripod, windscreen and USB cable.
Rode VideoMic GO Shotgun Microphone
Loan includes microphone, windscreen, and 3.5mm audio cable. Windsock variant also available.
Bolt VM-160 LED Macro Ring Light
Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT DSLR Flash
Revo SR-1000 Shoulder Rig
GoPro Suction Cup Mount
GoPro Accessory Pack
Includes Head Mount, Chest Mount, and Tripod Adapter
Impact 32″ Collapsible Reflector
Raya 5-in-1 42″ Collapsible Reflector
Magnus VT-300 Tripod
Vanguard Alta+ Tripod
Sony VCT-R640 Tripod