USF Tampa Library Borrowing Policies
All Books Are Subject to Recall (Early Return)
After 3 weeks, all books are subject to recall for use by another library patron. If a book is recalled, recall due dates supersede the original due date. Recalled books which are returned after the recall due date are subject to additional fines. How to Avoid Fines »
Borrowing Policy Quick Reference
|Patron||No. Renewable Items||Due Date (after checkout)||No. Media Items||ILL||Reserve, Holds/Recalls & Remote Access|
|*Faculty||200||6 months||5 (**see restrictions)||Yes||Yes|
|Adjunct Faculty||200||4 months||5 (**see restrictions)||Yes||Yes|
|State University Faculty||20||6 months||5 (**see restrictions)||No||No|
|Undergraduate||50||60 days||5 (**see restrictions)||Yes||Yes|
|Graduate||100||4 months||5 (**see restrictions)||Yes||Yes|
|State University Undergrad/Grad||20||3 weeks/4 months||***In-library use only||No||No|
|Community College Students/Staff/Faculty||10||3 weeks||***In-library use only||No||No|
|50||4 months||5 (**see restrictions)||Yes||Yes|
|Alumni Association Member||10||3 weeks||5 (**see restrictions)||No||No|
|Special Borrower’s Card||10||3 weeks||In-library use only||No||No|
* Faculty (includes Retired, Emeritus, and Moffitt Joint appointments.)
** Retired staff do not receive ILL or remote access privileges
- Videos and DVDs: 1 week, No renewal
- Music Scores: Same as books for USF borrowers. 3 weeks for State University borrowers. YES renewal.
- All Other Media Items: 3 weeks, YES renewal
- State University & Community College / Special Borrowers: Media Use IN LIBRARY ONLY
- Certain employees of on campus organization may not receive library services such as Moffitt Researchers & Staff (non-Moffitt Faculty), Aramark, and Sundome Employees. For further information, contact Nancy Cunningham, Director of Academic Services.
- For more information about becoming a member of the USF Alumni Association please visit usfalumni.org. Upon your first visit to the library, please bring your Alumni card or President’s Council card.
*** State University Students may check out media items while Community College Students may not.
Access to databases, articles, e-books, and other online materials
Remote access is restricted to currently enrolled students, faculty and staff. All patrons not affiliated with USF may access our online resources by coming to the Tampa Library during regular operating hours (7:30AM-midnight Monday-Thursday, 7:30AM-6PM Friday, 10AM-6PM Saturday, 12PM-midnight Sunday) and request access at the Library Services Desk to our public computers
Assistance in finding, accessing, and evaluating information resources from librarians is available to all Alumni Association members, community patrons, and visitors. Please visit our Ask A Librarian information page