Tier 1 Datasets
Large research projects with datasets ranging from hundreds of GBs to multiple TBs are not currently supported by the USF Libraries. It is recommended that the researcher contact university IT to discuss storage possibilities. The library can assist with the creation of a data management plan.
Tier 2 Datasets
In order to receive assistance from the library, these projects must:
- obtain the approval of the Digital Scholarship Services;
- the library needs to be written in for 2% of the overall grant funding;
- the library will deposit the data into an appropriate discipline-based repository selected by the researchers.
Tier 3 Datasets
These are smaller datasets that include items like spreadsheets. If they are open access the library will archive and preserve the data in the appropriate library repository.
- Assist with writing a data management plan;
- Work with researchers to get appropriate metadata set up for the data;
- Do validation checks of the data. The library does not, however, do quality assurance or reformatting of the data.