Find Reserve Items
The USF Library Course Reserves link in Canvas is the gateway to all materials on electronic reserve. Books and print materials on reserve are held at the circulation desk on the library’s first floor.
- What are reserves?
- Where is the reserve collection?
- How can I tell what is on reserve for a certain course?
- I need to watch a reserve videotape and don’t have a VCR, where can I watch it?
- What are the fines for overdue reserve items?
- How are Course Reserve items supplied to Students?
Reserves are materials required for coursework that are placed in a specially designated areas within the library and given shortened loan periods. Course reserves include library- and instructor-owned books, videos, audio recordings, and other relevant materials in support of classroom instruction.
USF Tampa Library (1ST Floor Library Services Desk).
Select the Course Reserves tab at the top of any library webpage and then search by either instructor’s name or by course to find titles and call numbers of materials on reserve for your class.
6th Floor Media Viewing Rooms 626B & 625.
$5.00 per hour. (Laptops & iPads are $10 per hour.)
Faculty can request reserves items be made available to their students in two formats:
- Hardcopy Format to be made available at the library reserve desk.
- Digital or Electronic Format to be uploaded and made available to the student in Canvas.