Printing/copying services in the USF Tampa Library are offered by USF Information Technology (IT). If you have any problems, please contact the IT Help Desk located on the 1st floor near the primary printer/copiers.
In order to print a document, follow these steps:
- Printing in the USF Tampa Library requires using either a USFCard or a guest card.
- If you are using a student USFCard, your card will allow you to print up to $2.50/day for free. Additional printing in a given day will be automatically deducted from your USF BullBuck$ account. To add BullBuck$ to your USFCard, use the machine across from the IT Help Desk or go online to www.usf.edu/bullbucks.
- If you do not have a USFCard, you will need to purchase a $1 guest card from the machine located across from the IT Help Desk. You can put as much money as you wish on your guest card (cash only, no coins).
- Open the document using the appropriate application.
- Print the document choosing the appropriate PHAROS installed printer. The printer name will look like LIB113B&W.
- After selecting the printer, a pop-up window will prompt you for a User Name. Type in any name (for example, your NetID) that someone else is unlikely to use. Remember what you typed; it will help you in locating your print job in the next step.
- Printers are located in the Learning Commons by the IT Help Desk. Go to any of the available printers and swipe your USFCard or guest card. Look on the screen for the job you printed in the print queue under the User Name you selected in the previous step. Select your print job.
- On the bottom of the screen, you will see how many pages and the cost of the job.
- Select Print. Your print job will print and the funds will be subtracted from the amount on your card.