Florida Studies Center Collections
The Florida Studies Center Collections contain monographs, maps, manuscripts, photographs, printed ephemera, oral histories, and artists’ books relating to Florida’s history and culture, especially the Tampa Bay region and its relationship with the Caribbean Basin. The collections center around the themes of immigration, race, ethnicity, and gender and place them in a global context. Particular strengths include Ybor City and West Tampa’s immigrant and ethnic experience and cigar label chromolithography.
Learn more about the Center’s collections and exhibitions via the links below.
- African American History Collections
- Cuban Wars of Liberation / Spanish American War Collections
- Latin American, Caribbean, and Spanish Language Collections
- Local & Family History Collections
- Political Papers
- State History Collections
- Tampa Cigar Industry and Art Collection
- Ybor City & West Tampa Collections
- Patrick Riordan Memorial Fellowship in Florida Studies